Welcome to TTVTC!
Chào mừng bạn đến với TTVTC!
Bánh Trung Thu Nhân Đậu Xanh và Trứng~ Mung Bean & Egg Filling Mooncakes
Dough – outermost of the cake or the skin of the cake
- angle cake flour/cake flour
- vegetable cooking oil
- Karol light corn syrup
- lye or lye solution ***
or Koon Chun (Potassium Carbonate & Sodium Bi-Carbonate Solution, Product of Hong Kong)
- food color red
- food color yellow
- Add #1 + #2 + #3 + #4 to cake machine bowl = Turn on machine & beat until mixed
- While beating, add #5 and #6 = Continue to beat until all mix together
- The longer beating is the better.
- When it’s done, turn dough out on a lightly flour board;
pull the dough together into a ball with your hands;
wrap the dough in the plastic wrap;
set a side.
Filling – innermost of the cake
- mung bean
- cooking oil
- preserved salted duck egg yolk: to make,
- buy or pre-made some preserved salted duck egg
- separate egg yolk
- soak in ginger wine
- heat at 350 F for 10 minutes.
For mung bean paste,
- mung bean = soak overnight = rinse = steam until it is cooked then mash it.
- a saucepan or a pot = mashed mung bean + sugar + flour = Mix well + vanilla = Mix well
- turn on the stove at medium – low high heat (don’t turn too high b/c the mixture will burn out) for better, us non-stick pot b/c it’s less stick
- when the sugar is melt out, add cooking oil = Mix well
- leave it to cool.
For the egg mung bean filling,
- when the filling is completely cooled, divide them into 3-oz each for egg filling.
- for each, press and place egg yolk in center of the filling circle, pull mashed mung bean up to wrap around the egg and then circle into a ball.
Shaping the mooncake
- now take the dough (skin cake) out and divide them into 1.5 to 2 oz each
- for each,
knead in and out then roll it into a ball;
press it down into thinned skin by hand
add the filling in center of dough circle
fold in all sides of dough to completely enclose filling
roll it into a ball;
deep this ball into flour (little, don’t deep too much);
place it into mooncake mold…
Making the glaze
- for the glaze, lightly beaten egg york + dark caramel + food color (red + yellow)
- place cakes into a baking tray
- brush the top of the cake with the glaze
- bake at pre-heat 350 oven for 7 minutes; take out; leave to cool;
- brush the top of the cake again
- bake again at 350 oven for 5 minutes
- take out; leave cool for 1 day
MAKING MOONCAKE IS DONE
- Now it’s ready to eat.
- Don’t forget drinking some hot tea when eating the mooncake.
1.5 cups Angle cake flour/cake flour
4-oz vegetable cooking oil
4-oz Karol light corn syrup
1/2 tsp lye or lye solution or Koon Chun (Potassium Carbonate & Sodium Bi-Carbonate Solution, Product of Hong Kong)
1/2 drop food color red
1/2 drop food color yellow
1/2 bag-1 lb no skin mung bean
2 tbsp flour
1/2 lb sugar
1/4 tsp vanilla
2 tbsp cooking oil
preserved salted duck egg yolk
Thank you for stopping by. See you again soon.
Cám ơn bạn đã đến thăm trang TTVTC và hẹn gặp lại.