How to make Vietnamese little steam rice cakes – Bánh Bèo
- “Banh Beo Flour” 3 Golden Bell
- dried shrimp, mung bean, cooking oil
- shallot, scallion, white pepper, salt, white granulated sugar, warm water
Directions to make Vietnamese little steam rice cakes:
- Flour mixing: banh beo flour (brand: 3 golden bell), warm water, mix, leave there 2+ hrs or overnight
- Dried shrimp filling: dried shrimp (1/4 lb), soak with water, grind. Place a pan on the stove. Turn on the stove. Add dried shrimp. Stir well. Add white pepper
- Mung bean filling: mung bean, soak with water, drain water, rinse in water, steam, pot, oil, shallot, add bean, water, stir, salt, sugar
- Scallion sugar with oil: scallion, salt, sugar, microwave; steam cake…
- Dipping fish sauce: mix fish sauce + white granulated sugar + lemon/lime juice + water + minced hot chili + minced garlic.
- Cake steaming: Pre-boil a steamer. Place cake mold in. Pour the flour mixture to a cup. Pour to Banh Beo cake mold. Cover the steamer. Continue to steam for 2 to 3 minutes and the cake ready. Let it cool for 2 to 3 hours. Remove the small little rice cake from the tray and transfer them to a large dish. Add some mung bean paste on the top of each little cakes. Sprinkle some mashed dried shrimp. Add scallion sugar mixture on the cake.
- The mission is done. You can eat them with pre-made dipping fish sauce.